There is this angel who talks to me, who is wise to my shortcomings yet, never reproaches me. I feel so naked when talking to you, even though you are far far away. Because you are so good, I never want to lie to you. Thank You for putting this wonderful lady in my life.
The past 2 days has been quite awful, lots of deception and though I wasn't directly involved, I was the listener between the parties but failed to exercise wisdom in looking after both sides. Thank God I harboured no dreams of being a mentor. Can't even take good care of myself.
And to you, my friend, I just wanted you to know that today, the sermon spoke about what we had a fierce argument over some time ago. Remember, the car accident with the little girl in China and how the apathy was due to the lack of values, morals but ultimately, lack of religion? You said that human beings by default know what is right or wrong - along the lines? We fought over it and after a few days, you said you thought about it and felt that this apathy was due to a lack of religion.
Today, we were shown what the church planters did in HK and China and the Chinese church said that it could be attributed to a lack of religion and it was always self first, above others. Morals are blurred because it depends on what the society at that time stands for, hence there is a need to go back to the word of God for who's is clearly right or wrong. I can feel your frustration if you are reading this- again, I'm not saying that they have to be Christian- they need a religion that tells them right from wrong and grounds them. It could be anything that is pure and good.
By saying this, it is difficult for me because I believe there is only 1 God that created the heavens and the earth and none other. But I understand my worldview is not yours.
This sermon kinda made me want to go out and plant churches in future, something I know I want to do in the long run. At the same time, I thought of this verse - the heart is deceitful above all things and is beyond cure; God didn't use the world dishonest, but instead, used the word deceitful. Because the heart is capable of lying to us by telling us what we want to believe.
Some things happened that reminded me about this verse and what has happened around the would.
No comments:
Post a Comment