Sunday, July 01, 2012

Signs

I think I have mentioned previously that I was having a very rocky patch with God and that sure didn't make me happy. I come to realise that without him in my life, I am miserable.

I've been considering having my water baptism and been asking God for clear and obvious signs on whether he wants me to go for it though I think I am far from ready and I do wish my church has got a proper structure in getting people ready for this next step of their spiritual lives. This is a covenant made with God and it's like the Chinese wedding dinner in a marriage - which is to formally tell everyone that I am a dedicated follower of God. Be meeting y shepherd tmr where she can share more with me.

I wouldn't be disappointed if God shows that I am not ready... But I'll be disappointed if I am baptised, only to be the same as I was before.

So far, I've been having strange conversations with people. Talking about obedience and being grounded in the word of the Lord. Again, I'm amazed by how God speaks to us in our lives. My class today taught me about being prepare to be used, sermon talked about practicing compassion for people, after that, conversations surrounded being grounded in the word.

My friend from Cebu shared with my about her testimony on her work in Myanmar as well. I think she has been very obedient to God and he has blessed her greatly.

I'm not describing the above properly. But despite everything, He seems to be telling me to go do it. Even though I am not that certain of myself. I'm asking Him for one more sign. Let's see that He says.



No comments: