Tuesday, May 15, 2012

the wonders of the tabernacle

I had an amazing time with God today.

It started with my downloading of the Saddleback Church app that was recommended by Susan. I randomly clicked on one of the sermons and started listening. It is not often that American pastors do not make me cringe because usually they get very... thunderous and self-righteous. 'YOU MUST...! YOU MUST NOT!' Most were just slightly short of yelling in your face to CONVERT NOW! Such sermons never appealed to me and this one was wonderful... Come to think of it, it only spoke of the Tabernacle. How from the description, the Tabernacle, all the walkways added together were actually in the shape of a cross when actually, the believers who constructed the Tabernacle didn't know what it signified, as Jesus wasn't around.

The Tabernacle is constructed under the instructions of God and it can be moved around as the Israelites travel, providing them with a place of worship. the moment the construction was complete, the glory of God filled the tabernacle. I found myself wondering and wishing that I could see this glory, what am overwhelming  and knee-bending sight it would be!

It spoke of how when Jesus died, the Holy of Holies within the Tabernacle, which was once accessible once a year, only by the high priest to make offerings on behalf of the Israelites, and with much precaution for fear of death should there by any mistakes, was accessible to all with the death of Jesus. It was so significant because it deemed everyone else pure enough to enter the holy of holies as their sins were washed away with the death of Jesus as an eternal offering, the lamb of God... and with that, in every Christian, rests the temple of God, whose glory would fill our hearts. It was so symbolic that when Jesus died, the curtain blocking the world from the holy of holies just tore apart. I have no idea why, but I just teared. It was just so splendid and beautiful. In my mind, I was just wished the ex would understand how much God loves her and what plans he has to prosper her, not to harm her and that he is living within her and everything should be seen with fresh eyes - even though, we are no one special, and very much flawed. But I suppose, if she were to read this now, she'll cringe at the gall of me putting God and her in one sentence. Nonetheless, you are in my prayers :) Isn't it nice to be prayed for? You are cared for, ok?!




No comments: