Monday, May 21, 2012

Nothing's too big or too small for Him

Right now, I'm overwhelmed by how much my Lord takes care of me even down to the smallest things.

I had full day church conferences over the weekend - full day meaning, 930 am till 10pm. I was serving on 1 of the days and had to rush down for a briefing on Friday evening after work, all the way at the Indoor Stadium. I grumbled a lot because I do have a lot of worries about my mountain of unfinished work. I won't be able to touch any work over the weekend and worst still, I know I will be exhausted on Monday, which will slow down my progress with my work for my client. Especially given that I have to wake up at 5am to get to the stadium by 7am on Sunday as I'm serving.

For some reason, I just felt like God was tryin to ease my worries during the Friday briefing... So much so that I found myself thinking- ok I should meet Him and serve with a joyful heart. The rest, he will take care of the rest.

True enough, I was seriously exhausted today and I found myself nodding off at work, which is something that hasn't happened in a long long time. I was still tryin to soldier on but when boss called, I found myself asking if I could go home and work cos I'm exhausted. She was ok, but I was the one who became worried. What if I just slept all the way and end up not doing work?! I stayed on and basically refused to talk to anyone and no one dared to disturb me. I was tired but I would need to stay the whole night if I want to complete my work... I prayed to God for strength to persevere. I texted my client to check if she wanted to have brekkie tmr while we present our stuff - and guess what, she can't- because her school is having a fire drill. I was shocked. I mean... Of all things, fire still?!! I seriously think that he knows I'm tired and wants me to rest.

It's like a weight lifted from my shoulders and I bought KFC chicken (my dad loves the chicken) and cheese fries (my mum loves them and they were on offer) and went home for dinner. Sat in the living room with them to watch tv. Dad's leg started cramping up again and I thought I'd pray for him. But I was hemming and hawing cos... I've never prayed for my parents, in front of my parents before. Spent a long time typing the prayer and sat them down to pray. I can't believe I'm actually shy. and they look touched.

I hope God heals my dad's leg and once again. I'm really overwhelmed by how great his plans are. I even managed to catch up with parents! Chatted with sis in law on the phone etc. God is a gentle and wonderful God:)

No comments: