I suddenly find that the layout and design (if any at all) of my blog is extremely tiresome. So, I went to blogskins.com to surf for a new layout - which I will never do in a million years, I mean... look at my blog, it has been like this since... 2002? And I always felt that it's as good as new.
I think I'm suffering from Procrastination. Again.
Anyway, the next scary thing is... I'm actually contemplating using Hello Kitty as my background... something like this

I must be suffering from some post-post-post-post-Raffles Place-office-girl-syndrome. I remember this shop in OUB Center that sells Kitty stuff- my colleagues brought me there on a few occasions to get their Kitty fix; they genuinely adore Kitty (Sorry, I find it a little painful to call it by its full name).
I remember having this very unsettling feeling watching grown women crowding into a small shop space, squealing over shiny Kitty wallets, Kitty keyboards, Kitty cushions, Kitty towels, fluffy Kitty bedroom slippers, quilted Kitty make-up pouches, Kitty cups, Kitty pencils... whatever the Kitty franchise has to offer. I remember feeling claustrophobic whenever I'm there. The worst thing is that they don't sell food inside - you know, those yummy japanese cartoon biscuits? So that at least there is something for me to be excited about. Anyway one look at the shop, hear the contant ringing till (kaching!) and you will understand how the Kitty franchise managed to survive till this era and will continue to do so for decades to come (Amen to Kitty fans). It's just like how I once thought that the breed of ah bengs and ah lians were dying out until I went to Bugis Junction and saw troops of them lounging near the fountain.
I do love cats, but not cats like this, if you can even call this a cat. It doesn't even have a mouth to meow with. Anys, when I chanced upon a few Kitty blogskins while going through the pages, I thought it will be something good to irritate my Kitty-fearing friends with. BUT as I skim through a few more pages, a Kitty skin will pop up every now and then. I started thinking: it's not that bad, it's quite colourful, I was looking for something with more colour to give my drab-looking blog the overhaul that it never needed until I have to study for my exams.
That was when alarm bells started ringing and I quickly left the site. God, what was I thinking? I think I need to give my skull a good, hard bang. I'm utterly disgusted with myself.
Ok, there is nothing wrong with other girls /women liking Kitty, but there is definitely something wrong when Pearl starts entertaining the thought of putting Kitty on her blog.
I am not someone who likes soft toys or cutsy stuff. I didn't even start liking pink until I was... 22? The year where fashion unveiled different wearable shades of pink that was different from the (Kitty-style)powder pink which I find very... unappealing. I think I when I scalded my fingers today, I must've scalded a my Common Sense nerves as well, either that or my Procrastination disease has upped another level: Liking cute things to waste time.
Look! I just wasted another 45mins blogging about procrastination.
No comments:
Post a Comment