Wednesday, April 02, 2008

It's three weeks more to exams and I realized I haven't paid my school fees for this semester! How fantastic and utterly unbelievable is that? I think I've just surpassed my personal record of what do you call that... blurness?

FYI, normal human beings at their blurrest will not even be remotely close to level one of my blurrness indicator. To illustrate - back in my MCM days, there was this assignment that we were required to submit at a certain date and yours truly didn't know (try falling asleep during class and you'll know how it happened). I only realized that the assignment due date had come and gone... accidentally. I sincerely thought that the submission date was much later. Anys I told Mr R what happened and he actually believed me - which was amazing (it was so far-fetched that I would've snorted and told myself to f*** off) , since lecturers, especially the MCM lecturers were the most cynical of cynics (probably cultivated after years of suffering under the smart-alecky mcm students). Anys, dear Mr R gave me the benefit of the doubt without me explaining too much. He merely laughed and called me the 'joooooker' from then on. I suspect I became a staff room joke because... but that's another story. (Peng peng and I still joke about it from time to time.)

Yes, back to this - I only realized that I have not submitted my school fees when I was unable to view the grades for my class tests and emailed the school to find out what happened. Yes, the whole cohort has probably seen their grades 500 million times. Except me. But unlike Mr R, SIM wasn't very amused. I shall not bore you with the horrors that lurk ahead a student who didn't pay the school fees, blur or not.

I'm officially stressed again. Three friggin weeks! One week revision per paper on top of work and school. Kns. Please excuse me while I indulge in some self-pity.

BUT there's still something to look forward to - if all things happen as I will like it to be, I will be seeing one of my most favourite people very often! I must give credit to Bunny for coming up with such a great idea. =) Thank you dear.

Also, today is the day where our dear CH is going to become a Missus W! Congrats my dear jie-mei. You are not going to see this because there are too many skeletons in my closet. Nevertheless, we will make you know how much we love you tomorrow! 祝你和W先生白头到老! (ok... we will be teasing her nonstop about her last day being called C 小姐.

Here's a joke that CH shared over lunch a few days ago.

CH: How much do we need to pay to register our marriage [at the embassy]?
Staff (barks): $90 per person! (btw, the staff at this embassy are known to be VERY fierce)
CH: (tries not to laugh)

Can one person marry? Do we get discounts for more than two people? Ahhh... whoever knew that the staff of the embassy are so... forward-thinking?

No comments: