My colleague and I had a chat on Sat about how some people, despite chalking up years or maybe decades in the department, still cannot get things right. Instead every day, they never seem to fail to annoy others with their uncanny knack to get something wrong/late. Guess whose fault it is when it doesn't come out right. And don't get me started on that damned copier... why would a media comglomerate choose to use copiers that has proven time and time again that it cannot handle heavy usage?
And oh... I eff-ed up at work pretty badly last week. It resulted in some 'msgs' exchanged between my boss and a producer. This may sound like I'm unrepentant or something... but I strongly feel that if some other people haven't eff-ed up in the first place, it wouldn't have happened. I would've been more willing to take responsibility if others had as well- and from the looks of what was written abt the situation (trying to be objective, but with the blame skewed towards my direction)- No way. But still... I will be more careful.
Yes, the usual gripes about work. I should stop because I have this tendency to complain a lot when it comes to work and how things run (amok), I have enough opinions to give any Singaporean taxi driver some serious competition- but I happen to hate them. Ok, I should just focus on the good things in life:
Food. Good food.
BBQ with bunny on Sat was great fun. For the 1st time, we marinated our own chicken wings! 4 flavours... and they turned out pretty good. After that, we boiled our own soup. CHARCOAL BOILED ok... mai siao siao. Can taste the difference one leh. (high five bunny)
But of course, it was no fight to our resident Chef Mong's CHARCOAL BOILED dessert AND lotus root soup with the entire feast she SINGLE-HANDEDLY whipped up on Sunday...
See? (the well-taken pics courtesy of peng peng)


The wonderful people who make life bearable

Menu: Prawn paste chicken, chilli kang kong, baby kailan, yummy pork and egg 'stew', black pepper prawns, lotus root soup, gingko and barley dessert.
Thanks for the wonderful treat, Maddddd!
I'm feeling cheerful again.
No comments:
Post a Comment