My sciencey (yes, there's is such a word because I'm saying it =P) Love has just diagnosed me with a condition and it's called Nike Syndrome.
It started with the purchase of a Nike cap...
Me: I wanna get that pair of Adidas sneakers! It's so pretty!
Love: I think you should get it too, it's very nice.
(pause)
Me: Shit... wouldn't it be weird to wear Adidas shoes with Nike sports bra, cap, shorts and socks??
Love: Errrrr... hang on. You've got the Nike Syndrome
Shesh... this is very bimbotic but, I'm sure the 2 brands do not match, or do they?
Ever since Love and I started our weekly cycling trips, I've been hankering (yes, it is a strong and restless desire)for more sporting wear. So much that it scares Love because I'm the one who's dragging her into every sporting shop in Queensway with the same fervor as how I would at a Mango sale. Usually, she will be the one who suggests to go in. When we are inside, she'd be the one looking ard while I flip listlessly through the hangers.
Anys, I've discovered the wonders of sportswear and there are really some pretty good stuff. Maybe it's time to invest in a good pair of sneakers.
I can hear Shups snorting all the way from Serangoon Ave 2 =D Well... Pearl Leong from 2months ago would've laughed at the present Pearl Leong's face too... if she was told that she actually had an exercising gene in her. It would have been akin to having horrible diseases like... good financial planning skills, having aspirations to be a mathematician, having a passion for doing laundry, naming Yangtze cinema as your favourite hangout. Anys, you get the idea...
I've discovered that I do feel better after cycling. It's a good way to exercise, you get the enjoy the wind, discover new sights, and work out and the same time. Everybody should cycle- or at least go do something outdoors instead of gazing lovingly/worriedly (depending on your desired frame) at your reflection at a gym while perched on that bicycle thing next to some muscular bloke lifting enough weights to put the entire construction industry to shame.
I can't believe I just encouraged people to exercise. Maybe there's hope for my 4D ticket after all! More funding the sporty wardrobe! -giggles-
No comments:
Post a Comment