Saturday, December 17, 2005

It's amazing how different one feels with just 3 hours of sleep... I feel 'high' and I feel as though I wanna puke- no, I haven't been consuming drugs... I'm just exhausted. Had a bit of insomnia last night... decided to give up the exasperating task of trying to make myself sleep... and bounced off to Love's home in the morning with big breakfast from macs... headed off to Bugis for Love's piano class... some shopping at Bugis Village and then... a minor spree at the mango sale. I'm 2 days late for it and only got away with 2 tops... told Love very firmly that I will be very ashamed of myself if I leave the sale empty-handed.

Over the last two years, I've honed the skill of navigating though crowds- something that any female would feel handicapped, if without. From someone who would surrender and join the men outside the shop after ten mins... I now sail/navigate/flit easily from rack-to-rack with all my concentration power aimed at getting the best bargains. I know I sound like a real cheapskate but I juggle my own bills and expenses... so I can't afford to splurge $100 on a top when I know it will cost less than half of that 3months later... well... even tai-tais have their twice-a-year gucci or annual prada sale. (I thank god that LV items doesn't go on sale, right? i hope to amass enough wealth to get an entire set of accessories from LV one day... very superficial, i know...).

Anys, I must commend my Love for her patience and tolerance with me... she stood by me throughout the entire process. Which is quite a feat. She was lamenting on how every female in mango was wearing the same expression and how there were fewer men than usual... told her that if I were a man... I'd be too afraid to step in with my other half... first... it's the squeezing... I don't think any man can get used to such a scene, and the paying part... I think 85% of men will not understand why there is a need to get a tank top in 4 different colours. Oh well.

Shesh... I can't believe I typed 3 entire paragraphs on shopping... no wonder Peng peng calls me a bimbo. I think maybe I do have a mildly bimbotic side.

Anys, Love is getting me the pink V3... she paid the deposit some time ago but was still wondering if I'd like it... the previous post confirmed it. It's really an expensive X'mas gift. Thanks dear. I've already thought of what to get for her... can't wait to start on the buying spree. Anys the waiting list for the phone from all 3 telcos is... long. If anyone is intending to get it... do put your name on the waiting list... you wouldn't wanna wait till the end of Jan to get it.

Zoo trip tmr, compliments from my company. Looking forward to it, it has been ages since my last visit to the zoo... we are talking about decades. *prays that it doesn't rain tmr*

No comments: