Another weekend of working late. No, it's not terrorists and bombs but a natural disaster- a very devastating earthquake. It's a reminder on how small we are... thousands can be killed in just a few seconds when nature displays its fury. Floods, the tsunami, hurricanes, and ironically... droughts in certain parts of the world. We really are like ants aren't we?
A recap of the week. Here's a post dedicated to a few people that I've been wanting to type- but somehow failed to materialise.
Love will be getting me 22 birthday presents this year. The previous 21 were to make up for her absence. =) Not just any presents though... she actually asked my friends who were with me at certain points of my life... what I would want at 5, 13, 16... and so on. Was very touched.
Anyway, I've already seen my 22nd present and Love has gotten me an ipod nano. She didn't simply hand me a brand new and unopened package. In it, she had included pictures sent by my friends as well as songs she knew I'd like.
Shuping, Xav, Sheena and Candy... thanks for taking the time from your busy school or working lives to select those few pictures. They bring back a lot of happy memories. They were able to tell Love when the pics were taken... what I was doing and so on. Thank you... was errr... acting like a baby an Love had wet shoulders at the end of the night. Thanks again... I lost some of the pictures and it was great seeing them again. =) Love was lamenting about what a lucky girl I am to have friends like you guys. I totally agree. =)
I can't wait to see what I got for the past few years.
No, I don't even mind getting-
(as volunteered by shuping and xav respectively)
"A long pair of ah lian socks" and
"A bottle of the blondest hair dye"
A hilarious/painful/embarrassing reminder of my ah-lian days in sec school. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment