Finally... the time to update about something good- for a change.
Despite the bad transition to my off-day for the weekend, everything turned out wonderfully. Love was very understanding about sacrificing the pair of tickets and even waited for me to end work at 2am so she could send me home... she had to wait outside alone for quite a while.
Sunday was spent doing sinful stuff- eating and shopping. Had dim dum at Crystal Jade for brunch. Between the two of us, we polished off serving after serving of siew mai, har-kao, carrot cake, steamed meatballs, chee-cheong fun, pork ribs AND a bowl of porridge EACH. I think we got a wee bit too ambitious... our face changed from green due to hunger... to blue from over-eating. (okay, i'm exaggerating) However, I felt like the mosquito I killed some time ago- it was so bloated from sucking my blood that it could barely fly, hence, even someone like me, with terrible eyesight and and an even worse aiming could kill it.
Alright, I digressed... shopped at Great World before heading back to her house for a rest- turns out it wasn't much of a rest cos I was happily displaying and admiring my bargains. Heeheehee! And well... grin... we managed to have a good conversation which eased the past week's tension between the both of us. Communication is extremely vital in keeping a relationship going.
Heading off to Seah Street Deli for dinner... Love had a ribeye while I got too adventurous and decided to try a fried steak dish... which tasted like pork chop. Was pining for my $9.90 ladies' cut from Phin's throughout. Thank god the tiramisu was a saving grace.
Visited the new national reference library and there's nothing else I can say except that the kids nowadays are really lucky. The humongous 13-(or was it 14?) storey entity is a hi-tech, spacious haven for revision. Libraries don't look like libraries anymore... schools look like country clubs with tennis courts, swimming pools, and fountains. Alright, I'm making myself sound so ancient. (which i'm absolutely not.)
Headed to Bugis Village and Love went wild when she saw the rows and rows of brightly-lit food stalls even before we stepped in. Got myself more stuff and we will be going back next month when the holes in our pockets are more... errr... manageable.
Here's a list of my loot/bargains:
1 Esprit bag
1 Straw bag
1 pair of shoes
2 Sash belts
1 tube top
Love says that I can start a Singaporean edition of the shopacholic series on my own... I think she got inspired after watching me run to Dorothy Perkins when she told me that there was a sale going on. -shrugs- It's five minutes to closing time, okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment