Thursday, May 05, 2005

Yet another conversation with an opinionated Malay taxi driver (I'm not trying to be racist by mentioning his race but I realised that people would assume that he's Chinese). Alright, it wasn't really a conversation... he talked while I showed polite interest.

We were driving through the Tanglin stretch, towards town. Went past RP when I heard...

Cabby: Miss ah, whoa... look at those Indian students... damn buaya ah...
Me: Huh??
Cabby *pointing*: There? Look at those Indian boys, terrible lah... they ah... I realised, are very interested in Chinese girls nowadays... in polys and universities, all trying to get Chinese girls.
Me *racist alert*: Oh...
Cabby: Yah! You don't know ah?
Me: No.
Cabby: They ah, all buaya... not pretty they also don't look ah.
Me: Oh... ha ha.
Cabby: blahblahblahblahblahblahblah...

Sometimes, I really wish drivers should just do what they are supposed to do... point A to point B, board, alight, no conversation. Ok, I know they get bored driving alone and they need someone to talk to but seriously... leave me alone.

No ECP or Zouk in the end. It was raining and well... mum called to nag/threaten/warn. Today, I realised that... over the months, I've developed a reputation as a... something.

Met Pammie in town. Did the usual... planted our butts at Coffeebean and chatted for hours- May I add... with frequent inputs of "SLK! CLK! Ferrari! BM 6 Series! Wooo... porsche jeep, I like..." from our resident car slut =) who changed seats with me so she could face the cars along the road :D Managed to turn and catch a few of the cars before they sped off as fast as they could on a Singaporean road. Real beauties.

Shopped and dinner at CJ's before meeting Beannn who was starving after her classes. Annoyed and laughed at each other while she had her dinner and I worked at filling up the ashtray at Swensons. Talk about multi-tasking. Had a nice time though. =)

A hamster wearing her Thumper expression (bored/stoned/moody look, not the typical happy partyer that we are used to seeing on JUICE) joined us for a while and I'm home.

Heard some bad news about a friend. Be seeing her tmr, hope everything will turn out fine.

No comments: