Monday, May 30, 2005

Say goodbye to carefree (and broke) days and say hello to the working world!! Had my first day of work! In case you're wondering... it's quite a happy surrender of freedom. No more expensive cab rides for pointless interviews!!

The past few days were great =) Met up with Peng and Bao on Thurs, played and lost every single round of pool, wandered around town and I saw my alright... THE blue-eyed babyyy at the opening of Tod's.

THE blue-eyed babyyy was as sexy as ever, but Bao and Peng didn't think much of him. LOL... doesn't matter he's just a crush.

Friday was spent star-gazing at the Esplanade while having chicken wings, oyster ommelette and beer. Played a mean game of five-ten with her... at first we had to drink warm beer... (WARM beer tastes foul) and I drank most of it cos I'm lousy. After that, when the beer ran out... winner gets to pour water on any part of the loser's body... yours truly came up with the great idea and because I'm so lousy at it... either that or... Love could read my mind very well... I ended up dripping from head to err... skirt. I think we were quite a sight.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Crashed Love's class on Saturday and it was... boring. Hate to imagine how Love managed to pull through a whole semester of it. Walked around, had ice-cream at Macs.. got a cute Mickey and Minnie mouse balloon which I lost shortly after... was quite upset. Met Pammie whammy for coffee before collecting Jason's cake and off to his house at Seng Kang.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(L-R) Pam, Jason, Les, My Love, Me, Winnie and Peter.


The house party was great... Les is really a fantastic cook. Had a lot of fun there and Jason's place is gorgeous. =) Eddie came to pick Love and I up and we headed off to Spins to chill. No Thumper! :P Which means I haven't clubbed for 1.5 months! Candy and Mabel came over... bumped into Love's friends. =)

Got back and had a rather terrible conversation with Love. Felt really horrible about making Love feel awful.

Sunday... Love came to pick me up, headed off to Chinatown. Had a brief and rather funny tour of Scarlet Hotel- it's such a pretty place, good service as well, too bad we didn't get to see the Passion Room (snigger).

Again, we acted like tourists again... went into the Hindu temple, watched what I suppose... was a cleansing ritual for one of the Gods. Wish I knew what the entire process symbolizes. Walked around Chinatown, explored some shops, bought junk food, had Dinner No. 1 at Maxwell... headed back to Love's home. Heehee... and then had Dinner No. 2 with Love's Mum. Got home and had Dinner No. 3... let me get this straight... the THREE dinners consists of one full bowl of rice and soup each. Gonna get fat. Yay!

Work today was... not too bad. Went with the scriptwriter to meet client for a two-hour meeting... it was interesting... but I tuned out towards the end, after all the details were given. Came back to the office with nothing to do. Played around with Adobe Premiere... time to get some help from soulmate so that I can do more stuff, time crawls when there's nothing to do.

I'm sorry for this long and narrative post... shall try to be more entertaining in future. Btw, I haven't smoked for two days! TWO DAYS! You may feel that it's nothing much but hey... I'm someone with a one-pack-a-day habit! Something's very wrong with me. I'm trying to quit =) Trying.

Alright, shall end off this post and kill everyone else with the lyrics to our song. (smirks) Nice k!

Collide - Howie Day

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
Yeah

I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide

You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide

No comments: