Monday, April 11, 2005

It takes only a Singaporean storm to impress upon me how dynamic - and scary nature can be.

Was trying to keep the laundry outside with the sudden storm. The wind and rain was beating in my face (just imagine the wind on the 30th storey), and erm... experienced first-hand what my friends are always warning me about- being blown away by the wind (e.g. "Pearl! You are so skinny that you will get blown away by the wind one day!"). I'm starting to believe them.

It really gets you panicky when you can't breathe, can't really see, drenched, cold and being propelled into another direction with thunder and lightning at the background.

Slumped on to the sofa peeling my dripping sweater off and shaking wet hair from my face like a dog when got back indoors- it hasn't been an easy 15 mins catching the flying laundry thanks to the fact that the clothes stand collasped from the wind.

Hate to image how it feels like to stay in places that are prone to earthquakes, typhoons and other natural disasters.

An interview scheduled for tomorrow... which I don't know what it is about cos I sent too many resumes... and another one on Wednesday that I just jumped and and had to struggle to stay composed when I heard the name of the caller.

No comments: