Just got home... decided to give Zouk a miss as I was feeling tired and well... dad called to nag.
Was rotting at Spins when Ian came to meet Pammie for Zouk. Talked a little about advertising - he'll be meeting Fresh to talk about the M1 campaign. As I was leaving, he said, "Congrats to being a mass comm graduate!" I felt sad hearing this. I'm not good enough- nowhere as driven as he, as passionate about what I do as he. I haven't even started looking for a job... I felt undeserving of his enthusiastic parting message. I'm just some un-idealistic girl still partying away.
The first time I met him, I was bowled-over by his passion for his job and told myself that I want to be someone like him... somehow, I sidetracked. It's a good thing that I met him again, I need a hard knock- not that he was mean, he's so nice and his enthusiasm is so infectious that I think- no... not 'think'... it IS time to get down to work.
It's time I start doing something about my life- after all, who wants to be nobody?
What a long overdue post.
No comments:
Post a Comment