Someone young has just passed away, although I didn't know him personally, I've heard enough about him over the past week to feel heavy-hearted. He's 19, he's intelligent, he's the only son, there was a blood blot in his brain, he fell into a coma, struggled for more than a week, and now he's gone. I could've met him yesterday if I wasn't feeling so sluggish.
The sad fact is that... it always has to take some form of catastrophe before we start reflecting on our lives; how little we are doing with it, how we fail to appreciate the people around us, how caught up we are with things that should not matter.
I hate to say this but we fall back to become what we initally were, though we vowed to change - unless the impact is strong enough to leave a mark that lasts. I told myself to treasure what I have when my grandmother passed away, when I saw the 911 tragedy on tv and again during the boxing day tsunami. Now, it's this boy. I can't turn over a new leaf overnight and soon enough, the harsh aspect of of life will catch up with me and I'll just be cold and hard. I didn't mean to be like that, in a way it is being hard on myself in order to make things easier for the future. It is better not to trust, not to expect, not to let down on your guard... and that the fewer the number of people who really know you inside out, the better.
Yet I know I'm wrong to be like that. I don't want something bad to happen directly to me before I learn. What can I do?
Anyway, Xav came over and... inspite of the over-enthusiastic pouring of sweet sauce (half a bottle to be exact), the claypot rice tasted not bad. THANKS XAVIERE!
To end the post on an irritating note, here's something for you to do
You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained |
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning. Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others. If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic. Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet. The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility. Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way. If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art. Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports. |
It's disgusting... I hate my results... I'm neither distinctively creative nor logical. Such an annoying fine balance. So boring. Do try anyway, I think everyone else will have a more interesting or deciding result.
Meanwhile, I shall go reflect.
No comments:
Post a Comment