It was a weekend of ups and downs.
Lets start with the downers:
Cigarette prices went to a new high... on Friday night, I was happily (ok... maybe not happily... but contentedly) smoking my $9.50 ciggies and on Saturday... I'm painstakingly dragging every last bit of nicotine out of my $11-a-pack ciggies... I would've smoked the filter if I could. (alright, as you know, I tend to exaggerate.) It now costs $11 to kill my lungs... time to quit (not much of an option here)... either that, or I'll migrate to Philippines to smoke the cheapest ciggs in south east asia (according to the Straits Times) at $0.90. Welcome to Manila!
I lost money in mahjong... (as Xaviere had helpfully and enthusiastically reminded me). Four measly bucks but still... I took a lot of effort and brain cells to narrow that gap... it could have been more. I swear I'll burn some incense to my dear mahjong goddess (aka A____) and wear my reddest underwear to curb that bout of bad luck. (i'm so 3-8 at times i can't believe myself)
But alas, the good part... went Thumpering on Sat night and got to know some rather cute people and one very cute person. Looks as though he stepped out of a credit card commercial... I like... hmmm... a bit on the short side but... alright, but it's history, (as what most people you know in clubs turn out to be) but I'm pretty happy.
Had lunch at coffeeclub on Monday to celebrate luo hannn- ok... Eunice's birthday and it was fun... took a lot of pics, please refer to Shuping's blog for a great drooling experience (the food that is). Met up with Annie after that (after like one year?) chatted lots with her love and was quite happpy.
Why am I blogging about my weekend when it is already the third day of a new week? It's because I won't be having much of a life this weekend. Unless by some freak of nature, all my lecturers decide to postpone all datelines to the end of the semester... which will be ending in about 4 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment