Friday, August 20, 2004

I just realised that living on the 30th storey can be a very good conversation-starter for lots of people. Like in lifts - whenever i stab the 30 button with my crooked fingers I always get weird looks (not due to my crooked fingers, but where I live.) and old aunties will start asking me if its cold "up there"... or what happens if the lift spoils... etc. Encountered an old lady after lunch who asked me in hokkien what happens when the lift spoils and me trying to reply in a mixture of Chinese, my very poor Hokkien. (Not my fault!!! I'm cantonese. Speak to me in my dialect and i will she-shaw she shaw back at you. ie: communicate fairly)

I lost 2 bloody kg. And yes, its bloody cos gaining weight is a blood and sweat affair for me and now I'm bloody back to 45kg. Someone please kill me- end it all before I: 1) Get exhausted from eating because I haven't felt like eating much the few days after chongqing hot pot 2) Go bankrupt. Grrr...

Another weekend of work- attending exhibtions and fashion shows for Singapore Fashion Week, followed by the most daunting part- the writing of articles. I've said that many times before and regretfully, it haven't changed much - I still do not have an inch of a fashion diva in me to save my life. I really hate to think about what happens when I suffer from a mindblock (which is going to hang over me like a gigantic, angry dark cloud) and I can't churn out an article on time and everyone will be tapping their fingers on the table, shooting me the dirtiest of dirty looks while waiting for me to complete it so that they can send it to the press. Alright, scaring myself is the last thing I need to do to myself. Stop it Pearl!

I should just ogle at the pretty Eurasian models with cute British accent. Editor was afraid that the glass runway at CHIJMES will break and I was thinking that it may be possible for normal ppl like me (even at my present weight), but for those tall, skinny AND curvy models (God is so not fairrrrrr) , I'm sure it won't happen- they're probably half my weight.

Right now, I shall go mug for tmr's media law paper. Bleah. And oh... I just discovered that Piglet aka Baby, is terribly good and climbing. I love it!

No comments: