Friday, June 04, 2004

Was slightly disappointed with Harry Potter. Despite reading the book long long ago and stepping into the cinema almost without any recollection of what the Prisoner of Azkaban was about, my hazy memory told me that lots of scenes with Sirius (I always thought that the names's pronounced as Sye-rious but its actually Se-rious.) Black wasn't shown- but of course, the show was less than 2 1/2 hours long. Alright, the show is still good, but no longer great.

Yesterday was better than I thought it could ever be and I'm glad... except at the end when almost everyone left. Darr came over and we had a talk. I told her about this person's intentions and I was right- was still a little surprised about how someone doesn't waste any time though... the moment I saw the msg to darr, I was thinking of the phrase 'Moving in for a swift killing.' Darr was telling me that she didn't see it coming and that she thought people are always nice without a motive. Told her that that was the difference between her and me- to me, most people are only nice to someone because of a reason. She said she wished she was more like me and I was quite horrified... you wouldn't want to be that cynical- and given a choice, I wished I wasn't like that. When you are cynical, you get tired of people easily because you see through people too soon and in your mind you'll be thinking 'oh come on, lets not waste time, what do you want?' while you look at the person and smile as though you do not know. It's like some prolonged play-acting class. I won't want to be the one tainting some people. I don't know what's worse- being trusting and putting yourself in a position where you can be hurt or not being hurt because you do not really trust. I'll rather be able to trust and be hurt.

No comments: