Thursday, March 18, 2004

(Through gritted teeth)
Ok, it absolutely doesn't hurt to sacrifice a few weekends out with my dearest friends for (brightly) projects!! The small sacrifice will be worth it when I see the results. I can save money for my bills and my parents will be so very surprised and happy to see me that and I won't have to face their Saturday and Sunday-morning fierce stares and asking me what time I got home, where I was and what exactly I was doing the night before. I can catch up with some reading when I'm tired of my assignments. When everything is over or when the hols come, I can do what ever I want at the expense of nothing.It really isn't that bad. Sigh.

That's what I'm planning to do for the next few weeks. Shesh, what a no-lifer! But I think I need to put my life in order. (what a dork!) Spent a considerable amt of time after the ushering job with Shups and Vijay in Can. 1 deciding on what electives to do for next sem. I know this is early, but I think someone like me should really start thinking earlier =) On top of that, it's also for some personal reasons. You understand don't you, Eunice?

Had never really given a careful thought about the electives until I flipped thru the FMS booklet found in the Schools Video Awards goodie bag.

Electives:
- Acting and Directing (Hmmm... interesting.)
- Advanced Advertising (Definitely a yes)
- Advanced PR (Yes)
- Advanced Radio Prod. (No way.)
- Advertising Creatives (Yes, in conjunction with Advanced PR and Marketing.)
- Book Writing and Publishing (The thought of writing was killed during writcomm)
- Conventions and Exhibitions (Yes, to tie in with PR.)
- Documentary Prod. (I wanna do it, but Vijay is very against it.)
- Integrated Digital Media (I dunno wht it is)
- Integrated Marketing Comm. (Yes... with all the other PR and Advertising electives)
- Online Journalism (Web? No! )
- Photojournalism (Good but expensive.)
- Presentation Skills in Chinese (Chinese?!!)
- Print Journalism (No... sad case. Journalism? I think I can't do it although I came in for this.)
- Radio Journalism (Radio and me =doomsday)
- Set Design (Depends on wht kind of set. Maybe a yes.)
- Short Film and Video Scriptwriting (Interesting and fun but useful?)
- Television Journalism (:()

My choices so far. What about everyone else? Honestly, I think my choices are sad, boring and practical.

No comments: