Currently alone in darr's room, going through the tedious chore of finishing my finishing my cup of chilli crab noodle- don't really like it. Hmmm... seem to be buying lots of horrible food recently.
I really hate those well-taken pics of mee-goreng, chicken rice, noodles and blah outside those food stores. They can be so deluding... had decided to try the Katsu Don @ Can 1's Jap store since it looked really enticing (from the poster, that is)... but what I ended up with looked like a freshly opened can of dog food- all gooey and mashed-up. Despite being slightly appalled, I shrugged and thought 'that's ok... I'm in a school canteen, not some 5-star hotel food arrangement is paramount' I happily strutted back to my table, and proceeded to put the virgin mouthful of the soon-to-be-famous Canteen 1's Katsu Don into my mouth. 2 very strong feelings overwhelmed me. 1) I felt terribly violated. That store, the well-taken pic of the katsu don, the photographer who took the picture... all of which had violated my trust in them because 2) at first bite, the katsu don had given me a sudden (but not too welcome) relevation... I finally knew the meaning of 'tasting like cupboard'. Think I'm over-reacting? You ought to see Felicia and Shuping's faces when they tried it. So, what I'm trying to get at is... if you are in a particularly curious mood and would want to try it, go on. That would probably be the closest you can get to dog food and cardbord without going to the supermarket or pet shop or the neighbourhood garang-guni.
I don't think I should go on about the similar experience for dinner, the shop is pretty near since I'm now in darr's hall... I'm afraid I might not be able to resist the strong urge to grab my cup of half-eaten chilli crab noodles and throw it at the auntie's (u wouldn't want to hear the names i was calling her last night, they mainly contain words beginning with 'F', 'B' and some of which is associated with reproductive organs... all of which are in English but may not be found in the dictionary.) equally chilli-crabby face. (meaning: hot as in hot-tempered and crabby, as in well... being crabby, crabby.)
Well anyway, its all thankfully over... just hope that my bout of bad luck with food will be gone with the push of a button... or rather, a click of the mouse when I publish the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment