Monday, November 10, 2003

Just got back from the memorial service and then a coffee with my sec school classmates. Went with Xav and Lett and we got Huili white roses. Everything was so sad. Was shaking hands with Jocelin's mum and she just suddenly broke down... I can't say anything to comfort her except to let her hold my hand. Uncle Patrick was holding up well too. Both of them spoke during the service and I really admire their courage. They didn't cry, instead they consoled, thanked us for coming and spoke of love and hope for their daughter and niece. As pastors, they were absolutely the bravest and the best.

The church was so full that ppl had to sit upstairs... didn't say anything to Huili's parents as I didn't know them and its harder to say anything. Huili's friends actually wrote something for her and everyone broke down while they read their speech. Joanna (jocelin's twin) displayed courage too... I think she felt worse than anyone else- she lost her twin and her closest cousin. She broke down after the service and was inconsolable. This was the first time I ever sat through a christian mass with full attention. Some sort of christian I am huh? I've always preferred catholic mass- guess its due to the fact that I grew up attending catholic mass in school.

Felt so sad looking at their family pictures. Rest in Peace Joscelin and Huili.

Going to sleep soon. First day of attachment tmr, feeling quite apprehensive about it. Been putting off the thought of it. Now, I'm seriously worried. Wish me luck! And to all my classmates who are starting their attachment tmr, good luck to you guys. Hope we'll all end up with good bosses and colleagues. =)

No comments: