Thursday, November 27, 2003

Having a scrumptious lunch of char kway teow and porkball soup.. yummm!! Feel like eating somemore, but I think I'd better not... incase I scare my fellow intern, Weiyong. He looks quite amazed when he saw what I'm having for lunch.

I've finally gotten my shawls!! So happy! But they're a little thin though, won't really keep ppl warm, but what the heck! I'm happy enough =)

Hmmm... so Xav, how was your hot date yesterday?? Did Dom DOMinate the conversation?? Was there D.O.M in the food prepared for you? Did you learn to play DOMinoes? Did you guys go to DOMino's pizza for dinner? Ooops! Excuse me for the lame puns... hehe.. couldn't resist it. Ok, one last one... did Dom DOMinate your mind after the hot date?? *grin* Dom's going to so annoyed if she sees this. Thank god she doesnt have my blog. But then again, she's probably used to all the DOM rubbish from everyone that she knows. Call me tonight, if you are home that is. *wink* *wink*








_________ @5.10pm

I'm hopping mad. Doing a transcript now and that reporter is so darned rude! I shall not say from which country, but I think he is really rude and not very competent. He grills the minister, uses words like 'so its for your side right...' in that kind of 'I knew it ' tone and launches on to a long story about the news on his side... I mean of course you can you interviewee on the latest news in your country, but when the minister is speaking, you should respect and not interrupt by cutting in loudly, no freaking manners. He speaks like he's the minister and goes on and on about some stuff and I think he didn't prepare enough questions. He obvously did not do much information seeking on the agenda and at some point, after a long pause, he asks minister if he has anything ro throw light on... I mean he's supposed to be asking about the relevant topic. He gives me the feeling that he doesn't have any more questions to ask. I have no idea how minister can put up with him. He keeps wanting to prove and show off that his country is more superior to us. You can be proud of your country, but he should remember that he is just a journalist. Keep your opinions and comments to yourself, unless you are asked. You are not doing a commentary or editorial.

Example:

Minister: You country is very important to us.
Reporter: How important?

I mean you can phrase it nicely right? Sound like some kind of petty wife. Got quite pissed listening to him. Besides, he makes my job harder by interrupting when minister is speaking.

Grr... what a pain. LKY would've put him in his place in 1 second.

No comments: