Thursday, September 11, 2003

-skips round the room happily-

I got my internet connection back!!! Guess what! It was there all along except that something happened to my dialer! Shouldn't have waited so long to call singnet! The 2 weeks without internet was horrendous! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't do anything else but stare despondently at my com. Ha... yeah right. I'm not such a net addict, but it did made me feel that my com is useless without an internet connection... not to mention the trouble I had to go through to do research for my projects.

Yesterday was one big nerve-wrecking day- I swear if I were to encounter such days on a regular basis, I will definately be on the way to a nervous breakdown.

Went to Eunice's place after sch to send the ads to Vijay so that he could burn them... I had no idea what happened, but Vijay couldn't receive the files and we were all panicking as we had to rush down to BB to print them b4 the shop closes. Then silly Eunice suddenly remembered that she uploaded all the files onto Mel... if we weren't so tense, the situation would've been hilarous.

By the time we left Eunice's hse, it was already late and all the shops at BB were closed and we had to cab down to Queensway before the printing shop closes. Turns out that the files were to big to download and the process took forever. (we couldn't save in a floppy as the files were really huge) We had to bear with the dirty looks which the auntie at the shop was shooting us for using the internet for so long. Thank god Vijay saved the say. He came over with a CD with all the ads inside. Despite that, we were still worried that the file wouldn't open as Vijay didn't have photoshop program and the ads were are in psd format.

All of us crowded around the printing guy anxiously as he tried to open the files... then he looked up from the com, and gave us a very resigned look. The disk couldn't be opened... he decided to try it frm another computer and voila! It OPENED!! We started laughing and jumping around... looking at the ad from the computer screen... I felt as though I've never seen anything more beautiful.

CK came down to meet me so that we could go to Guss's workplace. Made her wait for a really long time due to all the problems. Felt really bad for that as she was tired from work. The printing took ard an hour and when we looked at the 3 ads... we could't help but feel proud. Was very tempted to run round the place and show them off the strangers.

With no tension and stress, we became our crappy selves again (not that we weren't crapp before that, but the relief made us crappier than usual) and we decided to trick Eunice into thinking that the ads could not be printed and we would have to go to class empty-handed and face Jenny Low's wrath. She believed us and we were all smirking about our great joke.

Finally everything was done and me and CK headed down to D.C. Guss sounded sad when she called in the noon and I was quite worried abt her.

You know what? The moment I stepped in, I saw someone who look a lot like that someone. I just stopped in my tracks and stared. Then I realised that its a guy. Couldnt help but keep looking at him for the rest of the night... was so tempted to go up to him and get his no. but of course the proud and cowardly Pearl Leong would never do such a thing. Besides, getting his no. would be for the wrong reason: just because he looks like her. Contended with myself by staring at him and marvelling at how much alike they look.

Chatted with Ck and Guss, watched them sing and some nice fatherly guy got me and CK drinks. Guss fixed me my favorite drink- Baileys on the rocks! Had 2 of that and some whisky with green tea or something... Guss's colleague was nice- she tried to help me by putting very little whisky and mixing it with lots of green tea. Not knowing that, Guss tok the whole cup away as she knew I couldn't drink- only giving me the cup when she was very sure that there wasn't much alcohol inside. I felt really touched.

Stayed for a while more and left for home.

Couldn't sleep the whole night. My mind was too full of other thoughts. Got up and penned them down. Guss called after her work ended and we chatted for a while. Was feeling sad for her and for myself. I couldn't do anything to help her with her problems and I also know that nothing would help- whatever I had to say, she would've probably heard it many time before. Think she knew that she couldn't do anything to help me either.

I did one thing I swore I would never do last night. Spent part of the day being upset over it. Eunice came over to keep me company after sch. Thanks Eunice! -hugs-

No comments: