Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Got a surprise when I reached home last night. Not a nice one though. Lying neatly on my table were 2 letters. Both opened. One addressed to me and another to my dad. Wanna make a guess what the letter contains? No prizes if you managed to make the correct guess though.

Got my warning letter for attendance. Thank god my parents were already asleep... If not, I'll be in for some serious nagging- from my dad. Which would not be a good thing since it was already midnight and I'm really tired from the Advertising project. Did I mention that he never learnt to talk calmly when agitated? He shouts. And for me... I've never really mastered the art of holding my tongue, especially when I'm talking with my dad. He doesn't listen... he has this i'm-ur-dad-so-im-always-right mentality. Lots of dads are like that, I know... but my dad's very extreme. He frequently lifts his hands during our arguements hoping to hit me to submission... not that it helps though- cos stubborn me happen to have the hit-me-all-you-want-when-ur-wrong-ur-wrong-at-the-end-of-the-day-u-are-still-a-loser (long yah?) mentality.

Why am I going on and on abt my dad?

Cos he woke me up at 5 am to ask... ok... ask would've been too mild a word for it...hmm... 'question' would be a better word. Just told him I have mc and went back to sleep... had no idea what he continued muttering abt. I have this bad feeling that it's not going to end there. I'm in for more tonight- and since I'll be going to Jac's bbq at Pasir Ris later, I'll be home late (again, but definately not intentional... had to do project yesterday) and since he doesn't know that I do not have lessons this week and I'm not abt to tell him- I'm going to really get it when I'm home. Incase you wanna know... I got the warning letter becos I needed the time to complete my projects- so I skipped... they are stupid I.S modules anyway. But I guess its really my fault cos I always procrastinate.

My mum doesn't get so worked up over warning letters cos she knows I won't be dumb enough to skip lessons until I get debarred. Too bad my dad doesn't know... despite me explaining numerous times, he still thinks I'm going to get kicked out soon. Guess he didn't hear becos he was too busy shouting.

Oh well *shrugs*

No comments: