Monday, August 25, 2003

Saturday

Had my 1st on-air broadcasting practice session yesterday. Though it hadn’t gone on smoothly as it was the 1st time, (not knowing what buttons to press and having to figure out those dials while reading from my script, and shouting ‘shit’ and ‘what the hell did I press?’ while on-air) I learnt a lot… shall practice again on Wed, before the test. It’s really quite interesting. Going to fine-tune the script later.

Shuping accompanied me home after school. Rotted at my house for some time before heading to town. Planned head down to Cozy Bay @ Kallang to chill after that. Bumped into darling twice… heehee… talk about coincidence. I know lah darling… stalking me right? Had lunch with her, Bubbles and their friend… poor Shuping wasn’t feeling good, so she didn’t eat at all. Left darling and the rest, and went to Cine. Had a good talk with Shuping on the way there. Mood wasn’t exactly good. Shuping, thanks for listening.

Guess what I saw at the Sembawang Music Center??? I saw the full 51:46mins of my favorite Canon in D version! The one with the Ocean sounds that I lost many years ago! Wanted to get it, but Shuping thinks that it’s too expensive. $18.90 for just one song. Makes sense, so in the end, I didn’t get it. I’m still thinking about it now. Ah… forget about the price, I would get my hands on it. Really like it a lot. Yeah, I know I’m dumb… the ocean waves sound probably came out from a whole collection of other sound effects from Protools… and they probably cut and paste the whole thing to make it last for almost an hour… I should know better. -sigh-

Shopped around, didn’t see anything that I fancy though. Shuping got herself a cute pair of earrings and we bought a pair of earrings for Ting too. Think she was feeling down over what happened on Friday with Mel and her guy friend. Watched Shuping eat dinner, and we went to meet Fanny at Somerset to go Kallang together.

After all the rave reviews I heard about Cozy Bay, I couldn’t help but feel disappointed with what I saw. I expected to see a place with candle lights, comfy sofas with jazz music playing. Hmmm… Expectations aren’t very good huh? Especially in this case, the place totally fell short of my expectations. The variety of drinks were small… there weren’t any fresh fruit juice, there weren’t much variety of food either (the usual sotong balls, chicken wings…blah), they don’t play music there, we had to pay at the Jukebox as some ah bengs at the other table kept playing stupid Jolin Tsai and some other cheena songs that only ah bengs have the acquired-taste for. The drinks didn’t come with coasters so the condensed water dripped all over, there weren’t any tea-lights… the TV was blur… blah… there wasn’t even any ambience to begin with. I know I’m being overly critical, but I really think they need a lot of improvement. Little things would really make a big difference. Xav said it was because I wasn’t sitting in the tower, the ambience is better there. Hmm… I dunno. The food they serve won’t be able to save them from some sad fate. Ordered a chicken burger and it looked and tasted like any chicken burger you get from western food stores in coffee shops. The only difference was the price of course. I could buy 3 burgers at coffee shops for the price of one there… and still have some change. Cheater-bugs. With the price we pay for lousy food… they can’t even spring up with a couple of dollars to buy some nice cds to play. Embargo would be better anytime.

Liling and her 2 guy friends joined us later. Forgot their names. Chatted more, and left for home after some time. Oh by the way, did I mention that the roof dripped water though it wasn’t raining?

Reached home at ard 1 cos the bus ride took forever. Stoned, talked to Xav, watched TV… stoned some more and zonked out.


No comments: