Thursday, August 28, 2003

Just got home... god I'm so shacked.

Met Ting at Esplanade at 10+, was hoping to catch a glimpse of Mars- but sadly, the only thing we saw was the satelite. Sat there talking for a long time, took some pics of the Merlion... hehe... was reminded of Pearly and Mel. Haven't seen them for ages.

Carmen called a while later and we decided to chill and Embargo. Carmen had a Lychee Martini, and Ting and I had Lime Martini and Strawberry Martini respectively... nice nice =) It was great sitting there and chatting about everything... wished Shuping and Eunice were here though. Kept peering at the skies throughout the entire time, but we didn't see anything at all... was it the place we were in or sth? Thought we could see it with the naked eye. Tsk.. such a disappointment. Well... I'll probably see it in the papers tmr, but of cos it wouldn't be the same... it'll just be an inanimate object on print- if only I can see it through my own eyes. Such a thing would not happen until 300 years later and unless I'm Moses or Joseph or Abraham... I dun think I'll live long enough to see it. Hai... no idea why I get so upset over this... I dun use to be interested in shooting stars or whatsoever. -shrugs-

Had an interesting chat with the taxi driver on the way home- he asked me how was the gay night at Centro and I told him that I wasn't there and that I had no idea its gay night... like most middle-aged ppl, I dun think he approves of homosexuality. Well.. lots of ppl actually, quite sad about it, but I'm not about to launch into some spirited debate to defend it. I am homo, and I'm just another human being... to me, its just a way of life... why should I defend myself if I view myself as being normal? Straight ppl do not need to defend their heterosexuality, just like how they do not say that they are proud to be straight- therefore gay ppl need not say that they are proud of being homosexual... kinda the same concept don't think so? U just are. Used to have a lot of such debates with Philip until I realised that there was no need to be so defensive at all.

Anyway, the uncle told me where to get the best cameras, not digital ones or the normal ones... but those with extra lens for the professional photographer. Considering taking Photojournalism as an elective. Not sure if I am good enough though. The thought of capturing moments, happy or sad, appeal to me.

Got a C for my on-air radio test today... Quite sad cos I screwed up one part where the MD skipped to the next track and played the wrong station ID. Took some time to react cos part of me was hoping that it wasn't real. Stoned then I corrected my error... but really starting to get the hang of it... so I guess I might actually like radio broacasting afterall!

Sweetie Shuping volunteered to cook pasta for all of us tmr, but I guess I won't be going-cos I've been out everyday, time to rest and catch up on some reading. Be going to RP to look for Xav though, wanna scan some pics and load them up here.

Super tired now, gtg... zzz...

No comments: