It feels strange to be back and I'm missing my brothers and sisters and the YWAM team.
Living in YWAM was very routine. Waking up at 630, taking turns to wash up, head down for yet another fabulous breakfast at 7, do our dishes together, play with the dogs a little, head up for praise and worship, prayers and prep work for the afternoon's ministry work. Fabulous lunch at 12pm, do dishes, prep more for ministry work, cook cocoa porridge at 2pm, get ready to step out by applying all kinds of insect repellent, ministry work, head home, dinner, do dishes again, take turns to shower, debrief and bedtime... The cycle begins.
I've grown used to everyone and it feels weird sleeping without them and waking up without them.
I saw plenty of things that made me upset during the trip... The poverty, families with only the very barest of necessities, infected wounds and injuries... But what shone through was their simple happiness and faith. Such is the innocence of children.
I really felt God's presence over a few occasions and it overwhelmed me.
Encounter 1: we all received a personalized card on the day that we arrived. Each of us had a phrase and mine read 'blessed are those who are low in spirit' from Matthew. How a stranger knew, I guess it's from God.
Encounter 2: I had a vision
Encounter 3: Faith healing by T.
Life is good :) I'm blessed to br able to experience all these works of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment