A written memory of Pom Pom
You silly little creature, how could you leave so suddenly and so much sooner than you should?
I just wanna tell you that you're missed, and you'll be dearly missed for a long time. How am I going to get over you? I miss your fluff, your heaviness and your warmth whenever I carry you.
Each time I go to Love's place, your barks are the first thing I hear through the intercom before Love even manages a Hi. As the lift nears Love's floor, I can hear your barks through the lift doors, and there you are, by the door, smiling, waiting to give your friendly welcome, jumping all over before the excitement got too much for you and you'll suddenly bolt off to pee. And we'll laugh at you. You are such a silly, adorable creature, you know that?
Without you creating trouble - shredding the newspapers whenever we are reading it on the floor and sitting right in the middle of the pile triumpantly, you snoring so loudly any time of the day, so loud that it can wake the whole world. You being such a greedy dog, scratching my knee for attention whenever you want a share of my food. Your little routines... in the morning, you'll be sitting outside Love's room, waiting for mummy kwan to get up to fix your breakfast, eat your breakfast. Walking around, napping, lunch... time to disturb us, acting cute, more naps under the study table, or barking so loudly and trying to block our route when we go out, begging us to take you out for a ride, all the noises you make when you are eating, in the car, asking for food... how you hate to be petted in the morning when you're sleeping, showing your unhappiness by getting up and stalking off to another corner and lying down - the message being clear, I want my sleep, don't touch me! You and Love... for some reason, love to play that stupid game with the hands, her poking you and annoying you and you trying to catch and grab her hands, nipping her lightly. You stealing her socks all the time. Silly you, can actually be bribed with a piece of tissue to shred if you stay still while Love cut your nails.
I love you Pom Pom, thanks for loving us the unconditional way that you did. Now now, how's Love going to get over you? You're at every corner of our lives. Still unconsiously looking out in case we stepped on pee; each time we roll the computer chair back, we'll check to see if you're near in case we roll over your tail (yet again)-but you never get angry with us even if we sometimes forget and over your tail we roll. My dear girl, I hope you're happy where you are now. We love you, rest in peace.

装可爱的小肥婆,你真的很讨人喜欢!
No comments:
Post a Comment