Thursday, January 29, 2009

I swear, by the end of this year, I'm going to start making travel plans for CNY. One more time I hear "Next year you had better be married ah... I don't want to be handing angbaos to you anymore". I swear I am going to die from over-cringing.

I mean... I made appearances at reunions dinners and lunches because it's a responsibility. I really am past the age of hankering after red-packets, especially if it comes with remarks like the above as I grow older.

I suppose... if you meet someone only once or twice a year, there are only that many things to talk about. Sigh. I think I should be ashamed that my cousins are virtual strangers to me. Unlike most of my friends' family, we do not gamble together. We just sit next to each other and eat and attempt to talk while they busy themselves with their babies.

I had a horribly busy morning, followed by a horrid 2.5 hour meeting in the afternoon with by far, the most egoistic and evil professor I've ever met. It's one of these rare times that I feel sorry for my boss. Seriously sympathetic and wanting to give her a comforting pat on the shoulder (No hugs, absolutely no hugs, I am not Mother Teresa). That prof. is a seriously nasty piece of work. I'm thankful I'm not within his line of fire. How could someone this educated be this nasty to people?

Btw, Love will be attending a company-sponsored photoshop course for the whole of next week. She's excited... like REALLY excited. SO EXCITED THAT SHE WANTS TO START PACKING FOR NEXT MON RIGHT NOW. Shesh... why can't she be cool like me? Ok la...that's cute. I mean... who packs their bag nowadays and who ever gets excited about attending a course? Someone who's one in a million. =D

No comments: