I'm on leave today! Or rather, trying to clear my day offs from coming back on off days. I think it's a common syndrome in most offices. Anys, I'm praying that my boss will be kept busy today and will not be calling me much.
Jakarta was boring. Boo hoo! Before I went, I had the notion that I will be eating a lot of yummy street food and thronging through night markets - Sorry, I thought it's going to be a less heavenly version of Bangkok, but heavenly nevertheless. Shopping in malls is not cheap, I wonder how the locals could afford anything in these malls. Compared to the Orchard stretch, the malls there are distinctly empty. Maybe I'm at the wrong part of the city - was rather disappointed, but at least... I can comfort myself with the fact that I'm there for work and work is not supposed to include shopping and every trip out is already a bonus.
To gain entry into foreign-owned buildings (malls... hotels), you got to go through a detector and have your bags checked. It's not a pain since the security people are generally very nice people, just a reminder of the possiblity of terrorist attacks. My hotel room at the Intercontinental was supremely comfortable, I fell in love with the bed and the breakfast spread. The only gripe was that internet access costs a bomb, eight-hour usage costs USD30++, which is about the cost of my maxonline plan for one month. Street food equated to dingy stalls at the road side with lots of scary looking men... nah!
The boss that I went with, (not THAT boss, but another person) was kind. I was nervous about being stuck alone with someone I hardly knew, but he turned out to be more of a mentor. I'm really lucky!
So, the three days that was spent in JKT was a lot easier to pass with all the work and events. Now that I'm back, it's counting down to Love's return. 8 more days, I cannot wait for her to come back! I wanna go for breakfast at Cafe Swiss with her, go have stingray and sambal kangkong at Gluttons Bay together, catch movies... etc, just spend time together. She's in Shanghai now and settling well, save for some daily annoyances in the form of a fat empty vessel. It feels like it's going to be a long time before Love returns. =(
Anys, I'll be dropping by Pam's place in the afternoon for some slacking and meeting Les, Hol and Sha together for dinner. Monday was spent having dinner with the classmates. Waiting for Darr to return so we can meet up! I'm so broke now though. =(
Alright, time go go back to bed... i'm getting a little too random.
No comments:
Post a Comment