One thing I do not understand about people who protest about losing a lot of money in high-interest financial products and organizing protests demanding government to step in for compensation is that... are they really that unaware of the risks involved in such investments? Get this straight... you want high interests, high returns - did you seriously think that it is definitely easy money with no risks? And if it's their life savings... I don't think they should just listen to whatever financial consultants say, they make commission when you sign on the dotted line, and low-risk doesn't mean there's no risk, for godsakes! Where's the money going to come from? Tax-payers!
Don't go demanding for payment saying that you didn't know better! I sympathize with them for losing so much money, some of them can buy a house for the amount and they worked like hell to save that kind of money but... it irks to see comments that they felt cheated by the banks. My family lost money US equities too, but thank god I don't see my dad marching to some corner demanding compensation... you win some, get ready to lose some.
No comments:
Post a Comment