Monday, September 08, 2008

Once again, I cannot help but start to wonder - Why the hell did I choose to do a part-time degree? I'm killing myself when I could've just moved on to a more interesting career path and build things up from there, instead of worrying if my selfish boss is going to grant my exam leave, burning midnight oil camping in various offices all over Singapore (ie: whereever my colleagues are working), feeling like I need to weep in desperation / fustration on particularly bad days.

*Note: Self-pitying mode on a High.

My weeks of stays in my classmates' office are taking a (brief) respite. Note: Mondays to Fridays, min. stay till 4a.m at X, Y or Z office, Sat/Suns are the best, 2pm Sat till 7pm Sun. Thank god I have nice classmates (despite politics) to send me home. Did I mention that there's work at 8.30am? I am surprised that I haven't fallen sick and I am even more surprised that I could stay awake and alert for more than a day, without sleep and many late nights prior to that.

Anyway, the weekend that passed was slightly better, I got to laze in bed while putting my individual project on hold. I decided to perm my hair on Sunday out of a moment of rashness and now I'm regretting it. I look like a liang sao, or an aunty. That was a $303 mistake, costly. See what an overdose of school work can do to you? You jump at the first chance of 'pampering' yourself. Anys, I attempted to read my notes at the salon amid the tugging, rolling and heating of my head - I now have the annoying habit of lugging my notes EVERYWHERE, just in case I might get the read them, which I never, but hope springs eternal.

My individual project is very interesting. The thought of it gets me up and excited. History of Management Thought, or HMT - You learn about how X theorist developed this society-changing mgt theory in 17th century, then in the mid 17th century, another theorist, maybe a farmer, decided that he needed to improve the theory, so he created a new theory, then in the 18th century, the idea wasn't right anymore, so Y theorist decided to start a new school of thought... then during the mid 18th century... blah. It is important because you really should know how these theories evolve to change our lives - even though they may not be relevant now, at all. The textbook makes a good read for insomniacs. It's a pity that I didn't do this module when I had trouble sleeping last semester. One thing though, I really love the quality of the paper they use in this book, I can highlight and highlight and the ink doesn't bleed onto the next page. I mean... WOW! What's there not to love about this module!?

After submission this weekend, I'll be having market research for dessert. Yum... I so love calculating the means and variances. =) Oh goddddd... mind over matter, dear. Back to work!

No comments: