Been feeling under the weather lately.
It started with the bout of project and tests - I think the amount of stress (since yours truly is a serial procrastinator who thinks better under stress) that I was under and it affected my stomach badly. Oh yes, even my formidable stomach can falter. That was about three weeks ago, and I'm still suffering from the effects of it.
I think I'm having a bad case of IBS - go read up on it if you want, I refuse to mention the full name because it sounds too gross. To summarise, you are either constipated or having diarrhea, or both. When my stomach decides to give up on me, it does so in the most horrible way, I could be constipating for five to six days and then have diarrhea for two days. Anys, this syndrome is usually stress-related.
Yesterday was diarrhea day, (please stop reading if you are grossed out, I need to complain.) and maybe some food poisoning as well. Did I mention that I had an accounting test yesterday? I think it was the stress that started it off, then it went all haywire and I was sleepless last night running to the loo and to make things worse, I even started puking. I puked out my medicine, I puked water, I puked everything. So, now I'm at home on a precious sunny Saturday afternoon, hungry but too scared to eat. Damnit.
I'll be testing my powers of restraint, which till now, hovers around zero, because I'll be having dinner at that funky (in a good way) Jap place later. Bun offered to eat porridge somewhere else but it's too miserable so, I insisted on sticking to the place. Cannot eat, but still can marvel at the food right. Yes Pearl is asking for trouble. I hope the sashimi god will have some mercy on me, shelter my eyes from the sight of glistening, firm, vibrant orange flesh with pretty layers of rich in omega 3 fats tempt me. Ok, i'm already salivating. Sob.
I wonder what happened to my body's ability to handle stress. It wasn't so bad in the past. Sigh... I'm rooting for my stomach. Try visualizing a WWE scene with my stomach as a fallen wrestler and the referee or whatever you call them banging on the stage as my heroic stomach attempts to get up.
Ok, enough crap, i'm like a major crap generator, physically and mentally. Oh okayy... I'm not as crappy as some crap magazine in US. It rated K-FED (snigger snigger, the name just... oh snigger) as No.7 in the influential men listing. And get this, for being a good dad. Ha. Ha. Are they talking about the stripclub beer guzzling, oily men who say to a stripper 'come to Daddy and i'll buy you a drink' kind of daddy?
No comments:
Post a Comment