I got home from my first econs class today, had dinner, and slumped onto the bed. The I shot up. Shit!
Me: MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! PAAAAAAAAAAAA! Did brother come over today?
Both: Yes. How do you know?
Me: COS ZHENTOU IS MISSING! AGAIN!
That's my brother. 32 going 15. Enjoys hiding my favourite pillow when I'm not at home. Goes home smug, waiting for me to bombard his phone with calls and messages when I cannot find Zhentou after searching the entire room. I try not increase his self-satisfaction by asking him. But sometimes, people get desperate, especially when it's close to bedtime and I really need Zhentou to fall asleep.
Luckily, I found Zhentou in 5 mins. A-HA! Try harder, Mr Leong! Now, it's time for me to fold my arms and wait for him to call me. You see, he gets antsy when I don't call him. So, he'll call and ask me very earnestly if I've seen Zhentou - hoping to send me into a major panic fest. When I demand to know Zhentou's whereabouts, he will tell me that he really doesn't know. Sometimes, he gets so satisfied with his hiding place that he doesn't wait, but calls or smses me immediately usually beginning with something like "Eh, I'm in your room now, I'm worried about Zhentou, she went into hiding, dunno what's wrong with her.
I really have to give him points for his creativity; so far he has managed to hide Zhentou in a different place each time- considering the size of my little square room, that's a feat. Criminals in the Most Wanted list can consider engaging my brother to keep them hidden.
You know what? I think my brother dotes on me a lot, I think it's his way of saying "Hi sis! I dropped by and you weren't around, I must make my presence noticed." - in his little warped way.
Ok, I'm warped too.
And guess what? My parents are now encouraging me to 'kidnap' Mary when we go to his place for reunion dinner.
Warped.
A day in the life of the Leong family.
No comments:
Post a Comment