I can't believe I actually chose instant mee at home sua over a seafood feast at ECP.
Ok, maybe I do. No regrets though. The Conference has been keeping me busy these days. Worked till about 8 - 9 every day. Broke the record by working till after 12am yesterday. By then, I was the only one left in the whole office, was trying not to think about spooks and other stories my colleague dispensed on my unwilling ears. Anys, I messed up one part of work last night and my boss, bless her kind soul, did not scream at me. But lets not go to that, I had a traumatizing day at work.
I brought the VP of the school and the GOH to the front of the audience to receive a token of appreciation... and guess what - there was no token. No one brought it out. Everyone stared. At me. I hesitated... and I darted towards the room and started digging through the bag for the gifts - the gift, was right at the bottom of the bag. Couldn't close the door to the room properly and some parts of the audience could see me frantically digging. And the VP & GOH stood there, gift-less. I emerged two mins later, hair messy with the gifts and passed to my embarrassed VP. I wanted to die of shame too. Turns out my colleague who was supposed to do the job was too busy and overlooked. Sigh. Got weird stares, still haven't gotten over it.
The night before, my scholar from China disappeared after his flight touched down, no, he didn't enter twlight zone, no, he wasn't having a MAJOR (like 24-hour kind of major) shopping spree at our wonderful DFS. Something bad happened and I'm still having a headache from it.
Now you can see why I'd rather go home than entertain smile at the guests over a seafood dinner. I'm so tired. It's nice to go home to my parents, whine, complain and make my mother cook mee sua for me, also, I have a hot home-cooked bowl of bird's nest soup too... courtesy of my mama (though I DETEST swallowing dried bird saliva, I still appreciate it). I walked & stood so much in my heels that my toes and calves are crampy. *whines* It will be over tomorrow. I'm so weary.
And I really need to complain about on more thing.
What comes to mind when you say 'enterprise, research, and presentation? '
For some, it's the word:
- Bore?
- Networking opportunity?
- Interesting!?
for a very unique group of people (made up mostly of Singaporeans), it means: FREE FOOD.
I don't know how it led to that, but like I say, they are unique. They think out of the box.
I have people calling and calling, asking if we provide food during the conference, WHAT TIME THE FOOD IS SERVED, why do not provide full means 'cos they other conference they attended served this and that' - they had the gall to ask me to feedback to my boss =) sweet. Classic example:
Ah pek: (without any greeting) EH, when is your conference.
Me : answers
Ah pek: Got food anot?
Me : We provide light refreshments.
Ah pek: Before or after the conference huh.
Me : Middle of it (thinks: cheapskate).
Ah pek: Orh (clicks)
Me : (listens in disbelief at the sound of the disconnected line) Aloud (maybe too loud) - You stinking cheapskate bastard!
Sigh... I'm sure my blood pressure went from the usual slightly low to dangerously high these few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment