Strangely... ever since I got the resignation issue off my chest, I've been feeling better at work. I'm happier, work seems bearable... more enjoyable even. Ok, the happy part might also be due to the fact that I'm back to doing night shift for a bit so I get to see the beloved faces who can really make my day (or night rather). There are still some annoying, rude and irritating people that I would gladly strangle but then again... the good parts outweigh the bad ones.
Anys, after having a discussion with my boss, who requested that I stay another month, I'll be tendering the letter formally at the end of the month.
I'm not sure if it's a self-fullfilling prophecy... the one about Boars being a bad shape this year- my health is going downhill. It started with frequent throat inflammations, GP thought it was because the tonsils were facing outwards more than most people, hence more vulnerable to throat infections. THEN, things got a little fishy... a few more visits later, he checked my nose and taaa-dahhh... the inside of the right nose was swelling so badly that when you look in, all you can see is a small gap for air to go through.
Apparently, it's an allergic reaction to something, I'm not sure what. I'm not sure when it started either... probably for such a long period of time that... I grew used to it. I started going on anti-allergy pills... didn't work. On a whim, I tried nose sprays (it freaking stinks). No significant improvement and I'm getting more and more vulnerable to flu, cough and yes, even headaches. Doc says it's due to the inflammation there's probably fluid in my cheeks or something, and it causes sinus headaches. Didn't know that the bloody big nose can be such a problematic ass. Last resort- he referred me to a Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT) specialist and next Monday, I'll be lying on a certain Dr Tan's couch with a mile-long pipe attached with a camera at the tip stuffed through my nose and all the wayyyy down. I'm so looking forward to it. Pardon me for being crude but... it's like being raped from another place and having to pay big money for it... maybe it's a good thing that I'm still employed- thank god for company health benefits.
Anys, the GP says that most prob, the specialist will be experimenting with 'conservative measures' like putting me under the spray for a longer period of time- and just when I was hoping that he wouldn't tell me what the 'unconservative measures' were... he had to reveal that it would be an operation. TMD!! There goes my 22-year unbroken record of not being opened or stitched in any way. BUT on the brighter side, maybe I can ask the surgeon for a cute upturned nose like Buffy. (yeah... greet me with 'hello michael' in future.)
Ok, I'm really spending a long time complaining about my nose... honestly, I'm scared.... of having something stuffed down my nose and... most of all I'm afraid that I might have some even more serious ailment buried deep inside. I'm never the healthy lifestyle type. Guess that's life when you start growing older huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment