I think my obsession with food is getting out of hand. Yesterday, Bunny and I queued hours for a dozen doughnuts from Doughnut Factory. We didn't expect it to be such a long wait. 15 mins became 40... then an hour and since we've already been in the queue forever, we might as well hang on. 2.5 hours (passed with many murderous stares at people who buy 1 million dougnuts at the front and some junk food) later, we finally got our sugar high.
The doughnuts were fantastic. I wouldn't say that they are worth the time, had I known that it was going to take so long, I really wouldn't have bothered. It's just doughnuts afterall. Actually, they were pretty quick with churning out the dougnuts, it's the kiasu people who think they can have 10000 doughnuts for dinner that's slowing the queue.
BUT, if you have the time... you really got to try it. The dough is soft, fluffy, and smells like heaven- brings back fuzzy memories of the Dunkin Doughnut store at Far East before they made their exit... Definitely unlike those hard, thick and greasy ones sold at most bakeries.
Anys, we were utterly annoyed and traumatised at the cameras whipped out by curious angmohs who proceeded to snap away at the queue. They probably thought it was the 9th wonder of the world (after maximizers of course)... The Legendary Singaporean Queues- better than going to the Great Wall.
We were quite amazed with our newfound level of patience after that. Bunny even had visions of us conquering the Amazing Race and Survivor. Ah well.
No comments:
Post a Comment