Thursday, November 16, 2006

Something scary and puzzling:

Came across this story during one of the bulleting. Here it goes... Pakistan has finally amended one of it's strict Sharia (Islamic) laws with regards to rape and adultry.

One of which was making it easier for rape victims to prove their case. I think previously... for a victim to prove her case, she needs about 4 witnesses- something which I think is awfully ridiculous. C'mon... if there are actually 4 people at the scene when the rape is taking place - she either would've been saved from the trauma by the 4 people if she is lucky OR if she's unlucky... they stand ard to watch. And if they are standing ard watching... I don't think they will be kind enough to testify for her.

So now, finally... they no longer need four witnesses prove the case. People, women, especially should be rejoicing... but no, this is the scary part- there was this soundbite from a woman saying that the move is a ploy to destroy tradition and values. Believe it or not. I felt the strong urge to shake the woman very hard... shake some sense into her. She scares me.

God... now, I finally understand why extremists are extremists.

No comments: