What makes you proud of Singapore
The emcee posed this question to everybody during the duckie tour with my bunny last night.
So, what makes you proud?
I'm proud of Singapore because for a small country, we are pretty damn good- and because it's my home, I'm can't help but feel proud of it. (yes, despite the rising transportation costs, GST for school fees, the existence of clubs like Momo... blah- I shall bitch about Momo another time)
The group of English on the boat... I'm not sure if they were joking about this- they do not know how to sing the S'pore national anthem (which is forgivable-even if they have been here for 6 years) but they do not even know their own national anthem!?! So much for being so proud of the union jack. Pssst... I think this leader of theirs.. had better stop playing the role of someone's faithful sidekick, dabbling in war games and concentrate on this problem.
At least every Singaporean child knows his/her Majullah Singapura.
The fireworks were gorgeous-floating on the sea, it felt as though the fireworks were stars falling on us. Kudos to the Singapore team! =) Looking forward to watching another fireworks display with bunny. Thanks for bringing me on duckie!
No comments:
Post a Comment