I haven't felt this shacked at work in a very long time. Two 1-hour long bulletins in a day can be very draining. I think it's the amount of concentration power involved too. Checking and double-checking in between commercial breaks to make sure that the spelling is correct for every name and location. Was msging Peng peng halfway through the 10pm bulletin and asking her... is it Choa Chu Kang, or Chua Chu Kang? (yes we have weirdest conversations.) We thought it was the former (from the MRT maps) but no... Singapore is confusing.
Not that we do not check carefully on normal days... but GE is a sensitive period- a very sensitive one.
Felt horrid about not spotting a spelling error for Minister's name in the afternoon- and it went on air... it's not exactly my fault cos I'm not the one who wrote that, but I was the last person to see it before it goes on air. I should know.
Have you ever felt like... something was wrong and you couldn't place your finger on and it hits you when you realise that SHIT- why didn't you heed your instincts? I think I should go stare at the list of ministers' names later... 9 days of campaigning ahead- plenty of opportunities to make unnecessary errors. Whether there should be a letter 'H' or not or if there should be an extra letter 'A' in a name... I need to remember.
Despite everything, I haven't felt more excited about work in a long time. All that running around and the panic at times- I think I'm a sadist. Before, I was feeling a wee bit restless- a feeling that comes with time I guess, unless you are one of those few lucky people, always passionate about your work.
Hmmm... alright, I shall stop rattling now. Thank god my dearest Love is coming to put me home even though she's having her last paper tomorrow. She could've just stayed at home to study or rest. Thanks dear.
No comments:
Post a Comment