Sunday, January 22, 2006

Just a few hours ago, I was still fuming over what happened last night. Now, I've calmed down significantly - enough to still believe that... ok, there are still wonderful people in Singapore.

Hopped onto a cab without realising that I've dropped my bag... was carrying too many stuff. I discovered the loss almost immediately and quickly asked to make a u-turn back. My bag was gone in less than 5mins. Was panicking with Love and Love's mummy when this security guard from another condo came over and asked if I was looking for a bag... he then told me that he saw a cabby stop, pick up a bag in the middle of the road. He took down the no. of the cab as he felt that something was amiss.

My ic, cash, cards, keys were all inside. Called Comfort and though they tried to help as much as possible... er... it still wasn't much of a help, they couldn't get the driver.

Lodged police report and by the time Love sent me home, it was already 4am. Love was lamenting that for a person who lost her wallet, I was making a lot of mee soto and mutiara mhd jokes (mutiara means Pearl in malay- the driver was malay, according to the razor-sharp eyesight of the security guard).

Actually, I was afraid that the person might go all psycho and start playing with my Shiseido lip gloss, steal the dollar notes folded into heart by Love, steal my 4D tickets... and most frightening of all- Sneak into my house with the housekeys in the bag and steal everything or inflict harm on my family. Was telling Love that I should hang my bro's police cap as an amulet against break-ins.

Anys, woke up to an overly chirpy Comfortee (staff of Comfort =P) telling me that the driver has sent my bag to Kampong Glam police post... shall digress a little to emphasize on the pronounciation... it's GLAM as in GLUM, not GLAM as in glam-orous, just like the Indonesia's GAM is pronounced as GUM, not G-air-AM. Yes, when I say I'm digressing... I'm really digressing. Was disturbing Love about that.

Got there to realise that THAT DRIVER didn't send my bag there. I felt as glum as it's namesake (sorry, weak pun here). Love was trying to comfort me by calling Comfort up and speaking sternly to some unlucky Comfortee.

Turns out that he DIDN'T give it to any police or polis post! He went home with my bag. %$#^*&&^$#... I'd like to see him lose his wallet and have someone leisurely holding on to it for 12hours. I cursed a great deal... the curses mostly involved rear-less decendents- incase you're interested in knowing.

Had to work and Love collected my bag from him later in the afternoon... the money were all gone... $20, coins and all, including my heart-shaped dollar bills, my prize-less (as in not winning any prizes- if my English teachers ever saw this... they will flip all the way to North Pole) 4D ticket was still inside... my Shiseido lipgloss was still inside, but I'm throwing it away cos it grosses me out, AND GET THIS - my 'Ferragamo' keychain (original imitation from China- which my parents got me) was gone. Bloody stupid bastard probably thought it was real. Hah!

Anys, my bag and wallet REEKED of stale ciggarettes. My fingers actually smelt of them after touching my stuff. TAMADE. What a cheapskate... probably stole my money to treat himself to some lousy ciggs. I hope my little loss will buy him lung cancer. I'm VERY CERTAIN that the thief is that taxi driver. He has to be the one cos I can't imagine anyone picking up my bag, rummage through everything and dump it again on the road in LESS than 5mins, so Mr Cabby will have to be the proud owner of my money and keychain. I don't need Holmes and Watson to tell me that.

I will call comfort and do what any decent Singapore will do- COMPLAIN. Ok... it wouldn't be a complaint, it's called reporting about the existence of a thief (a cheapskate one, may I re-emphasize). To think that I was still happily promising Miss Chirpy Comfortee in the morning that I won't mind them calling me to get more details about what happened so that they can COMMEND that cabby. Now? My foot! Am I an ingrate? At least he returned the important stuff to me. But somehow I have this suspicion that he would've gladly thrown everything away if the security guard didn't catch the carplate no. and that Comfortees didn't keep calling him. He kept my stuff with him for a long long time and helped himself to stuff which weren't his. Because he didn't turn my stuff to the police post... my parents had to replace ALL the locks in the house and I earned sarcastic remarks from dad.

However, I'm still touched that the security guard had bothered to help me out when he could've just closed his eyes, and not bother. I shall get him coffee and some snacks on my off day.

Most wonderful of all is my Love... she sent me to the police station last night and today afternoon, picked up my stuff from the thief and brought them to my office, called Comfort countless times, got me food to cheer me up. Thanks dear =) I'm one lucky girl to have you looking after me.

No comments: