Friday, July 22, 2005

I know it's really gross... and really... it's not like me to say something so... disgusting.

I... *ahem* am starting to love my job.

-crosses fingers that nothing will happen to make me regret what I said-

I realised I've been crossing my fingers quite often but... well, I've been pretty accident-prone or rather... suay at work lately, so... cross, CROSS, CROSSING my fingers so that Mr God up there will not feel that I'm getting too comfortable and therefore send me some obstacles to pass.

1.40am

Got home a while ago and I'm slurping microwavable spaghetti in the most unglam manner whilst pounding away at my keyboard- not much different from dinner time at work.

I think over the past one month, I became some sort of instant food connoisseur. A yummy, warm bowl of instant fishball mee-pok is constantly running across my mind whenever I'm having midnight hunger pangs... nevermind the fact that I don't eat fish balls... instant laksa is not too bad actually... a cup of nissin seafood cup noodles is to die for. I think I can compile a makan-sutra of food sold in 7-11... micro-sutra. (pardon the lame joke)

See how boring I got?

Missing late-night walks in town, slacking at coffeeclub, twice-a-week trips to thumper, mahjong almost every weekend... and certain people.

Loving my job... and mourning the loss of a significant part of my social life.

Adulthood, couplehood and the one-way ticket to financial independence doesn't come cheap. I'm not complaining because I don't like the way things are now, I do... everything's new... I understand that I'm in a transition mode. Yet, some things matter a lot and maybe somebody was right- it is pointless to try because frankly... there's no such thing as having the best of both worlds.

Alright, it's starting to get very moody here. Wonder what happened...

Must be the shock of finding out that my instant mee-pok is out of stock.

No comments: