I've finally done the dirty deed and yes... I've quit my job. Be joining Shups tomorrow. Dianaaaaaa Ser... here I come! Hee hee!
Alright, I'm terrified actually. It was something that I wanted... and if it doesn't work out for me, I'll be left with nothing. So, I had better make it work somehow.
Part of me wished that I didn't quit Academy- I was settling comfortably, had (almost)stopped complaining about paperwork or the fact that I do not have anything to at times and that I felt bored. With normal office hours... it meant that I get to spend time with Love, I was picking up new stuff and well... the food at Tanjong Pagar's good. I would've stayed if not for that 'now or never' feeling and the voice inside me saying... 'pearl leong, you're a bloody coward.' So, here I am stepping into something foreign and not even sure if I'm still the same person who wanted the job so badly three months ago. So, should I be feeling happy that I haven't let myself down? Should I?
I'm afraid of the uncertainty.
Btw, Love's mum found out about us after she walked-in on us and surprisingly... she didn't take it too badly. Was half-expecting her to start screaming and chase me out of the house with a broomstick (exaggerating). Yet, she didn't. She bought lunch for me yesterday and was chatting quite comfortably. Still a little apprehensive though... I'm not that good with handling parents.
Anys, going to meet Pammie for lunch, be meeting Love afterwards... last day of 'normal' hours for me. Had better make the best of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment