Dong Dong Dong... One Two Three Shups, Ting, Eunice and I celebrated Shup's birthday at Kuishinbo! Poor baobao was sick, so she couldn't join us. Hope she's feeling better today.
We polished plate after plate of sashimi, sushi, teppanyaki and tempura. Anys, we discovered a new-found love for swordfish sashimi. The flesh is sooooo firm and sweet that we kept replenishing our table's supply of swordfish. The paper steamboat's not bad too! In fact, I'm craving for it now. Dessert wasn't that fantastic though, the usuals.
Some bitching- The crowd consisted mainly of lunch-time executives and obasans. We were probably the youngest group there and I guess that was the reason why they noticed us more.
After a while, Shups and Eunice became aware that the obasans at the next table were staring. Being the bitchy person that I am, I started to talk quite loudly about us being able to finish the food on our table and AT LEAST we can afford to put on more weight UNLIKE some people. I think it made the obasans quite pissed and they continued glaring at us. It's rude to stare at ppl eating anyway, mind their own business... but I guess it's impossible for obasans to keep from poking their noses into other ppl's business (or lunch). Oh well.
Headed off for tuition later and I think my student will drive me to my grave one day. I told him to do a compo on Sunday which he did - When I read the first sentence, I had this suspicion that he didn't write that. It was too fluent and too introspective for a 15 year old boy, furthermore yours truly had been his tutor for the last 4 months and I know his standard better than anyone else.
I continued marking until I reached the last sentence "for more tips on how to handle regrets, go to ___" HE COPIED THE ESSAY WORD FOR WORD! I felt so disheartened and I didn't know whether to laugh or not. Anyway, I didn't blow his cover, just put it aside and continued with other things when usually, I'll discuss about his compo at length. I think I've done by best, I even brought home his history text to make notes for him. No, I'm not spoon feeding him... there's no time left and he hardly understood what he was reading (he's from china) so I have to somehow find a way to make it easier for him. Grrr...
No comments:
Post a Comment