Sunday, May 30, 2004

The past 24 hours were GREAT. :) Nope, I didn't go Mox in the end as I was feeling broke. My buddies, (xav, darr and hamster) went instead and they came over @ 2. Met them at 7-11 for an unhealthy supper of cup noodles shared with a pregnant and extremely nervous stray cat. Spent some time chatting and having a much-craved smoke at the void deck, during which my dearest friends attempted to produce certain noises that were extremely stressful (ie: irritating) on the (my) ears.

Headed back to my house after some time and my... my... I forgot which genius suggested playing mahjong- You are the greatest! Know what? Other than some scattered bits of information here and there, I was almost clueless at mahjong. Poor Xav and Darr had to give mahjong-idiot me a crash course amid sniggers/cackles coming from that evil and not too helpful hamster.

Well, anyway... after much patient (as in... really really patient) coaching, I was able to make some sense out of everything and play the game on my own- save for some silly mistakes here and there of course. Well... to cut the long story short, I finally understood why some hardcores are able to spend 3 continuous days playing it. We played till sunrise and finally went to bed.

Woke up to the sight of the buddies sprawled all over my room in not-too-glam positions - wished I had a camera so I could take some pics to blackmail them. Heehee... well anyway, it was also a strangely comforting sight. Spent 2 hours writing a long letter to someone while waiting for the rest to wake. I'm still contemplating if I should let the person read it. Really, I'm afraid that the meaning of the letter would somehow be misinterpreted and taken in a bad way.

When the rest fnally woke up, we had lunch, watched a bit of Harry Potter (sorceror's stone) and continued with our mahjong until hamster had to go despite numerous pleas. Tsk... after that, Xav, Darr and I had to make do with a 3-player mahjong game.

I think my friends had invoked the sleeping monster of a mahjong addict in me when they taught me how to play it. Finally stopped when darr and xav had to leave at 11pm. (can you imagine how many games we played?)

Caught the final bit of Miss USA with mum and I was glad Miss Missouri won- the 4 other finalists looks terrible *shudder* Alright, time to let my sleep-starved, mahjong-overdosed brain concuss. Night.

No comments: