Haven't been sleeping well for the past 2 nights. Last night was especially bad. I don't know why, but I felt very frightened and had to leave the lights on throughout the night. I tried switching off the lights, but after a few secs, I'll jump up and frantically reach for the switch again. Each time when I'm about to doze off, a creak or some small, barely audible noise will make me jump. Wanted to call someone to talk to, yet I'm afraid I'll be disturbing their sleep, which wouldn't be fair for them.
Happier note- mum bought me a watch and 2 books! It's a cheap watch but I like it, looks like a bracelet. One of the books was a disappointment- its by Margaret Atwood, it wasn't as witty as I thought it would be. Then I realised that the author's American. It's a preference thing I guess... I love British humour. I should complete the book though, maybe it is funny but sleep-deprived me wasn't exactly in a good mood.
Be going to Bishan to look for Shups later and to get assessment books for my kid (tuition kid). Question: Will it demoralize a Sec 1 student by making him do assessment books for Pri 5 kids? He's from China and will only be joining his class after the hols. I think he needs help with his grammar and vocab. Afraid it'll hurt his ego or affect his confidence though.
No comments:
Post a Comment