Saturday, April 24, 2004

I'm superwoman! Well.. either that or I'm going to fall sick soon. Had less than 7 hours of sleep in 3 days. Met up with Darr, Pq and Xav last night.

We went to Pho Chine, the restaurant under the IndoChine bars last night! I've been wanting to go there since the first time I walked past the newly opened restaurant-cum-club at Wisma but never had the chance to do so due to the lack of company, money and time. Finally got to fulfill my wish -the interior is so darn cool and chic! God I love the toilet- its so unique! Anyway, the bread pudding and beef stew is simply to die for. I'll definitely be going there more often.

Anys, got to know Xav's friend and boy is that a pleasure. He'll be setting up a webpage on fashion/trends and if nothing goes wrong, I'll have my job as a freelance copywriter and features journalist!

Joined Sheena and Stefan at midnight to catch 50 First Dates- Rob Scheinder is such a pleasure to watch, he's so weird! Drew Berrymore's VERY gorgeous. Hmmm... the story's much better than I thought it would be. Ok, the jokes doesn't exactly score in the unique department but the actors are great and the way the director managed to pull off the process of having Adam Sandler (Henry) courting Drew Berrymore (Lucy) everyday without making it appear unbearably repetitive definitely deserves some credit.

Headed to River Valley for a supper of fish mee suah *yum* Then we zipped towards MS to look for Guss- the 1st time I'm visiting her after she switched pubs. I miss her a great deal. Stayed there until the pub closed and then we did the most scandalous thing- all of us headed down to HOTEL 81 and got ourselves double room, compliments of PQ.

It is a red light district, so I didn't feel as comfortable as I normally do while walking at other places. The fact that I wasn't very covered up didn't help- I squirmed whenever any man walked past and hurriedly put on a cardigan which my mum forced me to bring before leaving the house... (not that she knew where I was heading... she'll have a cow if she knows where I've been) for once, I'm glad about her being insistent that I bring some outerwear. Chatted till about 7 before everyone fell asleep and I decided to leave. Declined tired Xav's offer to walk me down and crept out of the room barefoot in order not to wake everyone with my noisy heels. Headed down to the lobby, took a deep breath to look as dignified as possible and asked the concierge for directions to a bus stop. Had to save money we took quite a number of trips on cabs that night. As I was walking to the bus stop... I saw some men outside the hotel scrutinising me and started walking even faster till I was almost running when I heard some whistles from the sick men. I feel really scared, I don't like that place... on the few occasions that I've been there for the good hawker food, I would feel very uncomfortable whenever I see sex workers- its a totally different world all together.

Reached the bus stop and just when I thought that my worst fears are over- I was so wrong. This disgusting old man kept walking up and down and staring at me. I glared at him for a moment and pulled my cardigan tightly around me, and refused to look at him again lest he may assume I'm trying to make eye-contact with him or whatsoever. Errmm... but at the corner of my eye... I ermm.. saw him grabbing his crotch. I was so disgusted and terrified at the same time... was so relieved when more people came to the bus stop and the lecherous old man soon boarded a bus.

I don't think I'll ever use Hotel 81 rooms again. It's a good experience but I don't really feel comfortable at such places. Got home at 8 to some nagging from my mum... alright, I think its time for me to concuss.

No comments: