Received a very nice surprise from Guss yesterday.... went to her house to collect the instant mee and 'something' which she wanted to pass to me. Realised that it was quite impossible to bring all the 10 packets of noodles to sch when I saw the big bag... I felt so horrible and troublesome when I saw them... as in... omg it must have been very troublesome to lug home all those noodles for me, and Guss's mum was so kind to do that. Then she passed me the 'something' that Guss bought- I got a big shock when I opened the bag at the elevator. She actually got me the hard-cover version of The Alchemist! It's expensive lor! Wanted to call her to thank her and well... to scold her for getting that for me- was afraid she's having lessons though, so I msged her. Called Xav after that and told her abt it- then I started bawling at the bus stop. This is embarassing... but I was really touched. Luckily she wasn't the one who passed it to me... it would've been embarassing to act like that. She msged back and said that she just wanted to make my day better cos I haven't been too happy recently. Thanks Guss...
Went to school after that for radio and I'm glad that my classmates did fine for the test. Joshie got an A! He's really good, think he's the first A from our class, so proud of him.
Eunice, Shup, Carmen and Ting came over to do project. Had a nice time =) Went to dar's place at ard 9+... saw the perfect couple, Mel and Andrea, again. -grin- Hung ard and had prata... ate till we felt like puking. Headed home after that.
A very meaningful paragraph from The Alchemist:
"My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer," the boy told the alchemist one night as they looked up at the moonless sky.
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams."
I ought to remind myself that more often. Xav would know why.
8.50pm
My nose is leaking like an old tap. Supposed to go town and watch the Chihuahua thingy but backed out in the end as I was feeling quite awful. Went home after tuition. Intended to take a much needed rest at home and meet xav and lett if I feel better... Well I didn't. Developed a fever and so here I am. Was in bed with the comforter, lots of books, and a new box of tissues. Staying home isn't so bad though... it has been some time since I got to sit at home and do whatever I want. Downloaded Clay Aiken's Invisible yesterday- took me very long to find the studio version... already have the 'live' one... which would've been great if there weren't a million over-enthusiastic fans screaming like half-slaughtered pigs in the background. Was quite disappointed with the studio version though... he sounds very flat. No idea why. He does fabulously when singing 'live'.
My student was in a lazy mood today. Her friends were staying over and well... I couldn't blame her for feeling distracted. She suggested going for a swim the moment I sat down. Told her about my leaky nose and she suggested going shopping. Think she felt bad about making me come for nothing in the end and she settled down to watch Learn English vcds ;) She gave me some flu med, told me to sleep (which i didn't as i din wanna waste her money... i mean she's paying me...) even got her sort-of bf to get me and her friends fish porridge for lunch. She's so sweet!
Ok... anyway, here are the lyrics to the song.
Clay Aiken- Invisible
What are you doing tonight
I wish I could be a fly on your wall
Are you really alone
Still in your dreams
Why can't I bring you into my life
What would it take to make you see that I'm alive
[Chorus ]
If I was invisible
Then I could just watch you in your room
If I was invisible
I'd make you mine tonight
If hearts were unbreakable
Then I can just tell you where I stand
I would be the smartest man
If I was invisible
(Wait..I already am)
I saw your face in the crowd
I called out your name
You don't hear a sound
I keep tracing your steps
Each move that you make
Wish I could be what goes through your mind
Wish you could touch me with the colors of your life
[Chorus ]
If I was invisible
Then I could just watch you in your room
If I was invisible
I'd make you mine tonight
If hearts were unbreakable
Then I can just tell you where I stand
I would be the smartest man
If I was invisible
(Wait..I already am)
I reach out
But you don't even see me
Even when I'm screaming
Baby, you don't hear me
I am nothing without you
Just a shadow passing through...
[ Repeat Chorus ]
No comments:
Post a Comment