Monday, July 07, 2014

Wistful

Just came home from my darling goat's wedding. It was beautiful and I've never seen so many gorgeous people in one place. I feel out of place, unsophisticated and would have been uncomfortable if not for P. 

Was very touched by the way P looked out for me and got her bf to pick me up and send me back 2 days in a row. Also felt a little embarrassed that I'm like some old spinster that needed looking after. I also realised that my world is different from the world of my friends'. They are worldly and come from well-to-do families with other halves from the same background, high flying careers and fast cars. It's amazing how we could be friends. 

Speaking of which, I seriously approve of P's bf, spoke to him a little more today and he's really driven (tho by money), disciplined (works a lot, extremely punctual), humble and looks after her well. I hope P is not seriously about not wanting to get married cos this guy is great. I would be really happy for them if they settle down together. 

The disciplined, driven and humble part was attracted me to the ex, to gb and also the young boy. Maybe because I am not like that. I'm passionate and driven about nothing, not even about God nowadays. 

I'm not jealous of them and never thought of wanting what they have - we are just different. 

I think this year, I might really want to find this disciplined, driven and humble person for myself or if not, work towards being one. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I read an article and it says that discipline is something you train, and it's not something that you genetically have or not have.

It's a bit like exercise for the mind. You do sit ups to train your abs. you do stuff to train your mind to be disciplined. :) The point is, you don't have to be too bothered about not being disciplined because the good news is you can be if you want to. Maybe one day you will find that something that you're passionate about and you'll just naturally be disciplined! :)

- the driven and disciplined person. LOL